Going to a different doctor

If you need to see a GP, but don't want to go to your usual one, you have have the right to consult another doctor.

You might need to see another doctor if your own one doesn't provide contraception services. You might be feeling embarrassed at the thought of talking to your family doctor about sensitive subjects, like abortion or infection testing or, maybe, you just don't like your doctor. Whatever your reason, you have the right to consult another doctor.

You can see another doctor at your GP surgery, your nearest Brook Centre, young person's service or family planning clinic. You can ask your new doctor not to tell your regular GP that you have been prescribed contraception. To find your nearest service click here.

If you want to talk to someone about finding a different doctor for contraception or sexual health advice, call Ask Brook on 0808 802 1234. Your call will be confidential. That means we won't tell anyone about it.

My Contraception Tool

Check out the new My Contraception Tool

A-Z of sex

Find out who won the UK Sexual Health Awards!

Brook & FPA's campaign

Education For Choice

Say YES to 21st century SRE

Your view

This is a quick comments box we cannot reply.