Making a complaint

If you're not happy with the care or treatment you've received or if you've been refused treatment for a condition you have the right to complain and have your complaint investigated.

Most doctors, nurses and health workers want to help you and do all they can to make you feel comfortable when you ask for their advice. Occasionally things go wrong or feel we have been given bad advice.

You can complain in person or ask someone else you trust, such as a family member or friend, to complain on your behalf. It's best to make your complaint as soon as possible and definitely within 6 months

You can complain either to the service that you're unhappy with or you can complain to your local primary care trust (PCT)

You can find more information on how to make a complaint about your health care here.


Related Articles

  • Emergency contraception

    In 1983 the Attorney General ruled that emergency contraception is not a form of abortion because

  • Emergency contraception

    Emergency contraception can be used to help prevent an unwanted pregnancy up to five days after sex. Find out more on this page.

  • Types of STIs

    This is where you can find detailed information on individual infections like chlamydia, herpes, genital warts and gonorrhoea, and find out how to treat them.

  • Find your nearest service

    Find your nearest young people's service, family planning clinic or sexual health service here. Plus, information on which service might be the best one for you to look for.

  • Emergency contraception

    Where can you get emergency contraception from? Anyone under the age of 25 can get free emergency

  • Types of contraception

    Types of contraception There are lots of types of contraception to choose from and different

  • My rights

    Your rights Everyone has rights. You have the right to get all the information you need so that

  • Useful links

    Useful Links If you haven't found what you're looking for on the Brook web site, you may find the

  • A-Z of sex

    Have you heard a word or phrase lateley that's got you confused? Look at our A-Z of sex and see if you can find out a bit more.

My Contraception Tool

Check out the new My Contraception Tool

A-Z of sex

Find out who won the UK Sexual Health Awards!

Brook & FPA's campaign

Education For Choice

Say YES to 21st century SRE

Your view

This is a quick comments box we cannot reply.